Question Hydros Pro - Floatation Position on the Surface?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know there is a cable inside the the hose, is it just me? I just don't like yanking on hoses.

This makes no sense. What is taught in OW when using a conventional jacket style BCD has no bearing on best practice when using a Hydros Pro. The issue is, whether the pull dump method is in any way better or worse than using the conventional deflator. Presumably Scubapro had something in mind when they included it.
I did my OW with a ScubaPro Hydros Pro, I believe if you yank the corrugated hose OR use the left shoulder lever you open a one-way valve and air can come out but water won't go in. If you use the deflate button on the corrugated hose, you can let water in your BCD. I believe in theory all the dump values except the left shoulder pull on corrugated hose/lever theoretically can let water in, however I never have much water in my BCD no matter which valve I used.

use the left shoulder lever you open a one-way valve and air can come out but water won't go in
In my experience, even the pull dumps let water in if not enough air is coming out (e.g., trying to vent when the BC is already empty).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom