For Sale Ikelite 2809.1 FL Nikon D90 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4togrfr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Ikelite FL (FourLock) housing for the Nikon D90 for sale. I bought this housing about 3-years ago for my transition from a compact UW camera to a DSLR. It served its purpose well for me until last October when it would not hold a vacuum (I had fitted it with a Seafrogs vacuum port/sensor). Upon testing in a pool, I found 3 hairline cracks radiating from the top left control (for flash/bracketing buttons). These cracks are visible in the photos. I contacted Ikelite and they offered to replace the front body of the housing and perform a full housing service for $440, which I thought was very reasonable. They also offered a trade in credit for it to upgrade to a new DryLock housing ($200 credit). While I was fully satisfied with shooting the D90 underwater, I have been shooting a Z6 as my above water camera. I decided to step up to a housing for my Z6 when I found a great deal on a Nauticam housing for it rather than upgrading the Ikelite since I would need all new ports anyway.

Other than than the noted cracks, it is a good housing and none of the controls leak. There is no evidence of any corrosion on any of the controls, they all operate smoothly and with a proper amount of tension. I had serviced the eyepiece last summer as it was starting to accumulate some internal hazing, now it is perfectly clear. The main O-ring is in perfect condition as well. The flash trigger works fine as well (though I used it only for manual, not TTL). In all honesty though, unless you are looking for the housing back, or controls for spares, the value of this housing is probably for a trade in.

I have the Ikelite tray and arms as well if someone wants to make an offer for it. It had quite a bit of corrosion on it when it bought it, so wire brushed it to the point where it's mostly down to the bare aluminum, which suited me just fine, but it could be repainted if one is so inclined.

I am hoping to get $100 for the housing (half of the trade in value) including economy shipping to the lower 48 states, but I will consider other offers. More photos are available upon request.

Since I have moved on to Nauticam, I will also be listing my Ikelite FL ports in a separate thread.

IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG

Back
Top Bottom