XDEEP Zen vs. Dive Rite Transplate/Transpac Voyager XT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JotaVier

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I'm about to purchase my first BC and have decided on a BP/W system. However, I'm a bit torn between a few options and would appreciate some advice from more experienced divers.

Here are the options I'm considering:
1. XDEEP Zen
2. Dive Rite Transplate with Voyager XT wing
3. Dive Rite Transpac with Voyager XT wing

A bit about my diving background and future goals: I'm currently an Advanced Open Water (AOW) diver, but I see myself advancing towards technical diving in the future. I have a particular interest in wreck diving and am also considering certifications for cavern and cave diving.

Given my aspirations, I'm leaning towards the Dive Rite systems because they seem versatile and could be upgraded as my diving progresses. Specifically, I'm contemplating starting with the Transpac and upgrading to a more traditional backplate later. However, I'm also wondering if it would be more prudent to go directly for the Transplate setup.

For those who have used these systems, how do they compare in terms of comfort and functionality for recreational and technical diving?

Is it worth starting with the Transpac for now and upgrading later, or should I go straight for the Transplate?

Any other options or advice for someone planning to dive wrecks and possibly pursue cave diving?

I appreciate any insights or experiences you can share. Thanks in advance!

Safe diving,
Jotavier

All BP/W systems are very modular not just Dive Rite
I would go directly with a back-plate. You only need a 25 to 30lb wing for single tank diving, you can't use one wing for both single tank and doubles.
The Dive Rite Voyager wing is too big for single tank diving and the bungee's on the wing are a entanglement hazard. I had a Dive Rite back-plate and Rec wing that had the same problems. The X Deep Zen has a 42lb wing which is even bigger. Have you looked at the X deep Ghost? a couple of people on here have one and like it.

I also would take a look at the Sub Gravity BP/W system. You get a choice of 3 stainless steel & 2 aluminum back-plates, 4 single wing sizes & 2 double wing sizes (their wings don't require a single tank adapter), 3 weight pocket sizes and 2 harness styles. you can also get back-plate trim pockets and tank strap trim pockets.
I have a Sub Gravity 3mm aluminum back-plate, 26lb wing and adjustable harness for travel and their 6mm stainless steel back-plate, 37lb wing and adjustable harness for diving up here at home with a drysuit and 105 LP steel tank.

All BP/W systems are very modular not just Dive Rite
I would go directly with a back-plate. You only need a 25 to 30lb wing for single tank diving, you can't use one wing for both single tank and doubles.
The Dive Rite Voyager wing is too big for single tank diving and the bungee's on the wing are a entanglement hazard. I had a Dive Rite back-plate and Rec wing that had the same problems. The X Deep Zen has a 42lb wing which is even bigger. Have you looked at the X deep Ghost? a couple of people on here have one and like it.

I also would take a look at the Sub Gravity BP/W system. You get a choice of 3 stainless steel & 2 aluminum back-plates, 4 single wing sizes & 2 double wing sizes (their wings don't require a single tank adapter), 3 weight pocket sizes and 2 harness styles. you can also get back-plate trim pockets and tank strap trim pockets.
I have a Sub Gravity 3mm aluminum back-plate, 26lb wing and adjustable harness for travel and their 6mm stainless steel back-plate, 37lb wing and adjustable harness for diving up here at home with a drysuit and 105 LP steel tank.
Thank you very much for your reply!

Thanks for recommending other options. I am living in Thailand and the options a bit limited. I haven’t see any store here that have Sub gravity or DGX equipment… if there is someone here that knows where I can find them it would be awesome.

I went yesterday to the Thai version of DEMA show, and reached to a similar conclusion to what you say: XDEEP ZEN and Diver Rite voyager are too big, and now I’m leaning towards XDEEP Ghost or the Dive Rite transpac with a Travel XT wing.

I tried both (not in the water though) and the comfort of the transpac….😊😊😊.

Anyway, I didn’t buy anything yet. So if anyone has more suggestions, I would like to explore all my options before buying it.

Again, thank you so much!

Thank you very much for your reply!

Thanks for recommending other options. I am living in Thailand and the options a bit limited. I haven’t see any store here that have Sub gravity or DGX equipment… if there is someone here that knows where I can find them it would be awesome.
If you are comfortable doing so, you can order directly online from the Sub Gravity website. They were very helpful when I had a lot of questions before buying their BP/W system. Paragon Single Tank Package - SubGravity
You can also order a Dive Rite BP/W online from Dive Gear Express, they have a very good reputation.

I am diving the DiveRite TransPac XT Voyager and have combined it WITH the DiveRite plate, And YES, you CAN use a single tank with it, because I DO. It works quite well.

I love a BP with a wing. I graduated UP to that though, that was just my experience. You know what’s you want, and you’re getting it.

I don’t have any experience with XDEEP ZEN, but I do with DiveRite, I’d opt for the DiveRite Transplate with wing. Although I do employ the “cushion” from the TransPac system for my own comfort. Now, I personally love that configuration. That said, I am sold on diving a BP with wing.

Honestly, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with any company’s BP with wing, but I am sold on DiveRite’s because of my own personal experience. YMMV

Hi everyone,

I'm about to purchase my first BC and have decided on a BP/W system. However, I'm a bit torn between a few options and would appreciate some advice from more experienced divers.

Here are the options I'm considering:
1. XDEEP Zen
2. Dive Rite Transplate with Voyager XT wing
3. Dive Rite Transpac with Voyager XT wing

A bit about my diving background and future goals: I'm currently an Advanced Open Water (AOW) diver, but I see myself advancing towards technical diving in the future. I have a particular interest in wreck diving and am also considering certifications for cavern and cave diving.

Given my aspirations, I'm leaning towards the Dive Rite systems because they seem versatile and could be upgraded as my diving progresses. Specifically, I'm contemplating starting with the Transpac and upgrading to a more traditional backplate later. However, I'm also wondering if it would be more prudent to go directly for the Transplate setup.

For those who have used these systems, how do they compare in terms of comfort and functionality for recreational and technical diving?

Is it worth starting with the Transpac for now and upgrading later, or should I go straight for the Transplate?

Any other options or advice for someone planning to dive wrecks and possibly pursue cave diving?

I appreciate any insights or experiences you can share. Thanks in advance!

Safe diving,
Jotavier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom