Fixing Issues with my drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhh ok that makes sense. Will the extra length likely be an issue or should it be fine for a few practice dives?

You tell me. Will the extra length be an issue for you if things don't go as planned? Will it contribute to whatever problem that develops? Will it be the cause of a problem that develops? Do you have the experience to mitigate and/or otherwise deal with this should it be a problem?

I don't know what a practice dive is....a dive is a dive in my opinion and experience. Physics and physiology do not change when one is just doing a "practice dive" compared to a non-practice dive.

-Z

I keep my gloves long for a few reasons. One, it removes any chance of me reaching beyond the length of my sleeve and potentially popping a ring off. Two, the "extra" isn't enough to balloon the glove off my hand since my thick liners prevent that and the my 660s are lined so even my thin liners grab it. I got mine even and leave it at that. They might be a little longer than pictured here, I think I pulled them out to reduce the amount of glove on my ring.

View attachment 839453View attachment 839454
Oh ok, that’s great to know!

You have Rolocks, you don't need excessively long gloves because they can't just pop off like other systems. The only leaks I've ever had were where the excess glove material on the inside got caught in the joint. Once I got them the correct length and trimmed the excess it's not happened since.

You should remove those gloves with the glued on seal and replace with a regular set of 720s. It's very easy to do with Rolocks and it will make donning them much easier.

I keep my gloves long for a few reasons. One, it removes any chance of me reaching beyond the length of my sleeve and potentially popping a ring off. Two, the "extra" isn't enough to balloon the glove off my hand since my thick liners prevent that and the my 660s are lined so even my thin liners grab it. I got mine even and leave it at that. They might be a little longer than pictured here, I think I pulled them out to reduce the amount of glove on my ring.

Please mark that on this day in the year of our lord @Boarderguy admits in the strong possibility that Kubi's are inferior!! At least that's what I read..:):)

Please mark that on this day in the year of our lord @Boarderguy admits in the strong possibility that Kubi's are inferior!! At least that's what I read..:):)
Never, but you must know the weakness of every tool in the arsenal. Kubi is nearly indestructible, unlike the plastic toy you use, though it does pose a risk to an unearned flood. This is mitigated by having an extra inch-ish of wrist material.

Never, but you must know the weakness of every tool in the arsenal. Kubi is nearly indestructible, unlike the plastic toy you use, though it does pose a risk to an unearned flood. This is mitigated by having an extra inch-ish of wrist material.
I'm sorry... I wasn't really paying attention. I was too busy enjoying the worry free seal-less system and how warm my hands are with the R90's :stirpot::poke::rofl3:

I'm sorry... I wasn't really paying attention. I was too busy enjoying the worry free seal-less system and how warm my hands are with the R90's :stirpot::poke::rofl3:
When reaching back to check the valve or follow a hose back from the reg, I'm really not feeling like I'm at any risk of popping a glove, you? Sure is nothing quite like the peace of mind of a interlocking twist... :cheers:

When reaching back to check the valve or follow a hose back from the reg, I'm really not feeling like I'm at any risk of popping a glove, you? Sure is nothing quite like the peace of mind of a interlocking twist... :cheers:
So.. basically eat it @Boarderguy ..I concur🤣🤣🤣😎

So.. basically eat it @Boarderguy ..I concur🤣🤣🤣😎
Strange, I've never had that concern either. Don't be mad that when you put gloves on they have to be clocked correctly. Not an issue with Kubi.

:gas:

Strange, I've never had that concern either. Don't be mad that when you put gloves on they have to be clocked correctly. Not an issue with Kubi.

:gas:
I don't even clock mind all the way, lol.. maybe 2/3 or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom