Archon set up opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1nfinite

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I have invested in an Archon light for my go pro 4, want to get a little more serious with my video & wondered if I am missing something or can get any tops for my tropical trip which am hoping my stuff from China will come through intime.o_O

I ordererd:

ARCHON W40VR D34VR Max 2600 lumens
ARCHON Z09 Underwater Scuba Light Mount
ARCHON Z05 Professional Diving Flashlight Underwater 100m Holder

I also bought a spare battery for 2nd dive & charger.
This was all pretty reasonable for a budget set up I also ordered a polar pro red snap on filter which I presume I put on when the lights arnt on or does it matter?

Set up will look something like this.
Any comments tips?

Neewer-Underwater-font-b-Flashlight-b-font-100m-font-b-GOPRO-b-font-Diving-font-b.jpg

I'd invest in a tray. That pistol grip with overhead light may be difficult to hold steady. A light is better than a filter but the light will not help you with wide angle shots where the subject is more than 4 feet away. The red filter will be needed then. Be sure the filter is attached somehow so it doesn't get lost when not over the lens.

Cheers Reef I might look into getting a tray.

Hi,
I have invested in an Archon light for my go pro 4, want to get a little more serious with my video & wondered if I am missing something or can get any tops for my tropical trip which am hoping my stuff from China will come through intime.o_O

I ordererd:

ARCHON W40VR D34VR Max 2600 lumens
ARCHON Z09 Underwater Scuba Light Mount
ARCHON Z05 Professional Diving Flashlight Underwater 100m Holder

I also bought a spare battery for 2nd dive & charger.
This was all pretty reasonable for a budget set up I also ordered a polar pro red snap on filter which I presume I put on when the lights arnt on or does it matter?

Set up will look something like this.
Any comments tips?

Neewer-Underwater-font-b-Flashlight-b-font-100m-font-b-GOPRO-b-font-Diving-font-b.jpg

Mounting a single light in that fashion (ie, in-line with the camera) is gonna give you a whole lot of backscatter.

Mounting a single light in that fashion (ie, in-line with the camera) is gonna give you a whole lot of backscatter.

Hi RJP, what you reckon would eliminate this issue, I honestly prefer the idea of holding it one handed as how I did it before okay.

I didnt want to have to spend out even more but how about one of these with another clamp?

idas_13inch_doubleball_locline.jpg

Here's my rig...

full

But in addition to the Ikelite tray, I've added an "SP Gadgets" Dive Buoy handle to the bottom of the tray for one handed use as well...

63447.jpg

full

full

Well I have the set up now, reckon will do the job.

The flex mount is not really good as the light is too heavy an it bends in some positions on its own, but can hold it by the flex arm & eliminates this problem and is a much steadier shot.
Im happy, see how she performs :)

Unsed.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Back
Top Bottom