Wide Angle for Nauticam RX100 for Fiji Shark Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfass958

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Everyone,

I am in need of some advice on a good wide angle lens for a shark dive in Fiji I'm planning for this year. I've been told that a WA may be better than a fisheye since the sharks may not get close enough to benefit from fisheye which seems to make sense.

I have my eye on the Ikelite W30/Bluewater WA-110 but not sure how crazy I am about threading the lenses on and off underwater. I don't think there's quick adapt system for those lenses as far as I know.

Any suggestions for using fisheye vs. WA for a Fiji shark dive? Also, any recommendations for solid quick adapt WA? I've read through quite a bit of the forums but tend to get confused with all the various mount options out there and which works best with which housings.

I have the UFL 165 (ad mount) which works on my aquapazza but does vignette a bit. interceptor likes the ad28 mount Inon UWL-100 which is wide but will take filters and should be good for Bigger animals.

In order to use the Inon UWL-100 28AD with the Nauticam I'd need the 67mm to AD mount adapter such as this?
Adaptor Ring ADF M67

Is that it? I saw that this may limit the options on the macro side.

Your best new wide angle lens is the Nauticam WWL-1. Very sharp corners, full zoom through, 130 FOV. They have a great locking bayonet mounting system available. The W30 is an Epoque lens, tends to be pretty muddy.

The next option is the I-DAS UWL-04 which isn't bad for the money, has a wide FOV, although corners are a little less than great, but for the price it works fairly well.

The Inon H100 or H100 plus H100 dome is very good, but for the money the WWL is better.

Thanks! What do you think about the UWL-100 28AD? Any problems with this one on the Nauticam RX100?

Also, for the UCL-165 what is the factor for the diopter? Would it be something like +7?

On an RX100 with a 28mm lens it might be ok, but you might get some vignette with the AD adapter. The H100 is a better lens. I believe the 165 is about 2x or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom