question on conversion of DAN medical regulator to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gchilcott

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know if the Multifunction Regulators sold with DAN Oxygen units can be converted to work with a DIN valve? It would involve removal of the yoke or CGA-540 fitting from the regulator body, and replacement with a male DIN fitting. DIN fittings with 1/4" NPTM are common. If anybody knows about this, and what size/type of threads in the regulator body, please let me know.

An adaptor is another solution, but bulkier. The medical regulator is nice because it has the right features to use either a demand valve (which uses ~50 psi intermediate pressure) or a non-rebreather mask with constant gas flow.

What is an EAN Pod?

The DIN O2 dive regulator is one solution, but it is not compatible with an oronasal mask or ventilator mask with MTV (should be supplied at 50 psi). The scuba first stage intermediate pressure is too high for the oronasal mask w/demand valve.

go to the website, it apparently became "home" as the link. It plugs into your BC or drysuit hose and is a flow restrictor to use with BVM's. You lose the MTV100 ability, but you don't actually need it. Swap between the constant flow masks/bvm and a scuba regulator if they are conscious.

I don't think I'm looking at the right device and I'm not sure what to search for on the site. What you're describing sounds like the right solution. If I understand right, the set-up would be a standard O2 scuba regulator with second stage and a drysuit inflation hose. On the end of the inflation hose, the EAN-pod would plug in and that's the device that delivers a constant flow via the drysuit hose. Is this right? I'll keep trying to find the eanpod to see how that works.

I am not sure what the DAN medical connector looks like.

In the UK medical connectors are 2 pin units, these are fitted to O2 kits, which have both on demand supply and constant flow supply.
Sub-Aqua products in the UK sell a variety of adapters, including
DIN to 2 pin
Bullnose (commercial j cylinder gas bottles) to 2 pin
Bullnose to DIN

We have each type of adapter in our O2 kits. This message we can take oxygen from the small medical cylinder, diving cylinders and the big commercial gas cylinders we use for pp blending (which are some times on the lives board's).

The adapters are relatively inexpensive.

Thanks everyone. This was helpful. The EANpod can be found with Google for "RescuEAN" for those who are interested. The DIN medical regulator like Tursiops set up is what I was envisioning. Both are interesting solutions that are in line with my goal of using a O2-clean dive cylinder.

Also, I don't have a LP inflator hose on my O2 reg, and not sure I want one on it. Sorry for missing the EAN Pod reference; once it was called RescuEAN POD everything clicked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom