[ScubaPro] Uwatec IrDA and Windows 10 - NOT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Uwatec has had their computers download via IrDA for years. That still worked fine through Windows 8.1.

I have a clean install of Windows 10, and it will NOT operate my IrDA, even though it says it has loaded the drivers.

Is this the end for Uwatecs?

Yeah, this is a bummer. I just got a great deal on a Sol and tried setting up the software. After about 2 hours of messing with different drivers I realized it just wasn't going to work. So I pulled out an old Windows 7 computer. The driver installed but the software would not run, so now I am upgrading the old computer to 8.1 with the hopes that I can get something to work. I would really like to upgrade the firmware on this unit.

I look forward to a fix on my Windows 10 computer, though it is confirmed that MS removed the IRDA stack so who knows.

Yeah, this is a bummer. I just got a great deal on a Sol and tried setting up the software. After about 2 hours of messing with different drivers I realized it just wasn't going to work. So I pulled out an old Windows 7 computer. The driver installed but the software would not run, so now I am upgrading the old computer to 8.1 with the hopes that I can get something to work. I would really like to upgrade the firmware on this unit.

I look forward to a fix on my Windows 10 computer, though it is confirmed that MS removed the IRDA stack so who knows.

I have the SmartTRAK running on every Windows instance from Vista to 8.1. You may have to right-click the properties on Win7 and tell it to run as Vista. IIRC.

Jax - well I had an 8.1 disc so I just let the computer upgrade over night. Downloaded program and drivers and everything worked perfectly. Just did firmware upgrade.

I had to laugh when in the middle of the upgrade, I got a message saying I could upgrade to Windows 10 for FREE! yeah right . . .

Reactions: Jax
Ugh Waiting Patiently Too .
For those interested There are a couple of Apps for Samsung Tablets that with adapter cable the Irda Dongle will work perfectly. I'm Hoping the information will down load back to Smart tracks properly. but if the basics are there then so be it

did the DiveMate FusionIR work with windows 10 ?

Sigh. Please let me take the time to give a computer education.

Devices interact or "talk" to the operating systems (Win Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10) via Drivers. Drivers give the parameters to the operating system (OS) so the OS can communicate to the device.

Once the driver gives the information, the OS "knows" it has a - for example, bluetooth USB, or IrDA usb, or a hard drive USB - and then uses the appropriate "language" to talk to the device.

If it is Bluetooth, it will use the BTHUSB stack (of protocols) to communicate

If it is a network, it will use the TCP/IP stack (of protocols) to communicate

If it is IrDA, it will use the IrDA stack (of protocols) to communicate . . . unless you are Windows 10 with less than the 11256 or whatever version. That version does NOT have the IrDA stack. Windows up to Win 8.1 has the stack. My IrDA works fine with all the rest of the Windows OS versions.

Window 10, versions less than 11###, simply do not have the protocols to communicate over IrDA. It's not your dongle, it is Win10.

How to Find Out Which Build and Version of Windows 10 You Have

upload_2016-2-8_14-32-43.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom