Dry Suit Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow great advise from all of you. I still feel that I'm not ahead :s
@Littlerayray : I may take you up on that! Can you PM me the names of the shop in Cornwall?

I love my Dive Rite XT's, best fins I've ever owned, but I still use Jet Fins for backmount in drysuits. If I was buying new, it would be the Hollis F1's for drysuit use. The others do not offer the trim advantage that is especially helpful. The weight of the Jet Fins and F1's is noticeable on land, but not excessive, a pound difference per fin isn't going to break your back...

Hollis F1's or Hog Tech2 fins for backmounted doubles or rebreather. Dive Rite XT's or OMS Slipstreams for sidemount dry or wetsuit.

Also a very happy Hollis F1 user (for ~6 years). I had Scubapro Jetfins (XL) for my wetsuit and when I bought the drysuit, at that moment, the SP Jetfin XXL was really huge (not just the next size after XL, but rather 2 more sizes in between). Meanwhile they have fixed that, but that's how it was in 2009. Thus, I have looked around, and got the F1s from Hollis. They feel the same in water (at least for me) as the jetfins. But they have a nice spring strap with rubber protection, and the foot socket is better.

I have the Hog Tech2's and wouldn't recommend them for this. They are great pool fins, great for teaching, but they have no power compared to the Dive Rite, Hollis, or OMS. They are also neutrally buoyant, so they are getting compared to Dive Rite and OMS, and they just can't keep up.

My Hog Tech2's aren't neutral. They're substantially more negative than my Slipstreams.

They're great for control in tight spaces, that's about it.

I have a set of Dive Rite for sale, size L, black, with spring straps. Used twice in the pool, never in ocean but I'll let them go for a good price. I went to a heavier fin for my set up, but the kicking was nice with the Dive Rite. Send DM if interested.

thanx a lot for everyone's input. i think i will try the slipstream since i have a good lead on a cheap pair, if they fit!

i'll let you know what i think once i can start diving again!

got my slipstream today size XL. they fit perfectly with my DS. time to go back to the pool and try them on. i'll be curious to see how much this is going to affect my weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom