UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple of dives yesterday, Ines and Inchcape 10, water temps still at 24C all the way down to 71M

Truth be told, we actually did not make it directly onto the Ines, we missed it slightly as the shotline was off the wreck, we did however find some debris from the wreck at 71M

At this point my buddy Marcin's Petrel packed in :( and this cut the dive short.

Second dive (Inchcape 10) we did using what was left of our backgas, we both had 100 bar left, plus some 50%. Strangely enough I couldn't find any nudibranchs and I was all set up for macro with an 85mm plus a +5 wet diopter.

Best shot was a 1 cm blenny

Today was a season changer, 5 mil is out and 7 mil semi dry will be used from now on, 23C from surface to 24M, I was cold after two dives, both over 60 minutes.

Plan was for "Deep Reef" and "Car Cemetery 2" but due to Barracuda's fast boat having its engines overhauled we ended up on the dhow, and "deep Reef" was replaced by Inchcape 10.

I had one housing all set up for "Deep Reef", wide angle 10-17 Tokina lens and my small twinset for a deco dive having planned one hour at 28M, so I ended up shooting with the 85mm lens and a +5 wet diopter for these nudis (Caloria sp) on "Inchcape 10" and "Car Cemetery"

The 85mm lens also gave me some opportunity to get closer to some smaller fish

At "Car Cemetery 2" there were dozens of Dermatobranchus caerulomaculatusfeeding on some spiky corals that were coming out of the sand

On the Ines today, visibility 20M+ awesome, also in my 7mm semi dry and water temps at 60M was 24C surprisingly enough considering how cold it was last weekend.

No major shoals of fish for some reason, but a great dive with a 25 min bottom time and total 83 min run time :D

Some prop shots

Last deco stop at 6M

It's bloody cold, 22C yesterday and today!

First dives in 3 weeks, will be better prepared next weekend.

Friday it was windy with choppy seas, the Tech guys abandoned their dive on the Anita and after one dive with Barracuda we headed back to port.

Today in total contrast is was flat calm with a slight offshore breeze. After two dives we were back in port and having lunch :)

Dived the Blocks (Fri), Inch 10 and Car Cemetery 2 (Sat)

Few nudis but not as many as I had hoped for, only a Hypselodoris dolfuzzi on Inch 10

Small triple fin on Inch 10

Portrait of an Oman Hawkfish on CC2

You're right it was choppy Friday. We wen't out of Dibba on a dhow. I think we were the only ones who ventured out of the harbour. We got smashed around pretty hard and couldn't get to Lima - well we could but there would be little shelter. Headed to Wonderwall for two dives. Vis a bit green but we had cuttle fish, squid, and turtles amongst the big stuff lost of schooling fish and of course the small stuff

I took my scooter and a spare for my Buddy which turned out to be great, as on the second dive we were ahead of everyone else and met a Mola Mola (my and my buddies first sighting) . One has been in the area for a few weeks. Found it at 15m kept with it to 32 and had about 10 mins with it before we turned back. Not a chance if you didn't have a scooter as we had them wide open to keep up.

We had temps of 22/23. I've been rather smug in my new drysuit but still getting to grips with the finer points

One of my tech buddies posted a video of a Mola Mola last week from Musandam, still to see one!

Still a bit chilly at 23C.

Dived Deep Reef and Car Cemetery 2, 10M viz though ..... stunning but still a lot of colloidal stuff floating around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom