US Based Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ppatin, I am strongly leaning toward the Juliet. The Spree sounds great but I really want a week long tip and the Spree doesn't offer any and the Juliet does. I appreciate your endorsement as I've been on several liveaboards ... some good and some not so good. Thanks.

Mike

I've never heard of the Juliette, but I do love the MV Spree. @Wookie is an awesome captain.

Ppatin, I am strongly leaning toward the Juliet. The Spree sounds great but I really want a week long tip and the Spree doesn't offer any and the Juliet does. I appreciate your endorsement as I've been on several liveaboards ... some good and some not so good. Thanks.

Mike
We don't?
We're the only US based liveaboard running to Cuba. Those are 7, 10, and 14 day trips. Almost all of our keys wide wreck trips are a week. If they aren't a week, they are 6 days (Tech trips are only 6 days because it's hard on the body). We have no Dry Tortugas trips on for a week at this time, but it's still early.

Mike

Mike,

The Juliet's crew has always been top notch. The boat is about what you'd expect for the price. She's comfortable, but a bit more spartan than some of the more more luxurious (and expensive) liveaboards about there. I love the fact that she's a sailboat, but be aware that they don't do that much actual sailing.

Another option to consider is Lost Island Voyages. They aren't actually US based, but Nassau is almost as cheap and easy to get to as Miami nowadays. I believe they do week long trips for something like $1200 which is unbeatable value.

Was on juliet in October. Fantastic trip to Bimini. Awesome crew-especially captain Donny. Great food. Nice boat. Plenty of space. Overall amazing experience. Can't wait to go again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 48
What is meant by Spartan are we talking motel 6 out cardboard box at the truck stop?

I would book Blackbeard's again so I do have standards sort of.

"Spartan... That's a good way to describe 11 days on Juliet."

Can you elaborate? I've done multiple Juliet trips but never one of the 11 day re-positioning trips. Any insight and commentary would be appreciated.

And FWIW Spree is on my short list

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom