Do You Remove Battery From Your Dive Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can understand someone who dives infrequently removing their battery. However, I may dive on any given day so I'm more than willing to allow the battery drain betwen dives to ensure my computer is ready to go if I decide to dive on the spur of the moment.

Like dr bill, I also have the opportunity to dive every week so I don't remove my batteries. I dive with a Perdix and a Chromis as backup. Shearwater computers use AA batteries. Since alkaline batteries can leak and destroy your computer, Shearwater recommends on their website to remove the battery if you will not be using it for two months or more. You can use a variety of AA batteries in these computers so I don't know if you would need to remove lithium, but I would if I were not going to dive for a while but the Scubapro, no I wouldn't remove the battery.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom