Quick release on mask strap!!!! REALLY?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It should be in the advertising i.e. they shouldn't have anything to say.

They'll probably tell you that you bought a ladies mask and that you should just man-up (whatever that means).

I had that happen on a dive one time. Took the mask off, reattached the strap, and continued on.with the dive.

Annoying feature but not a fatal flaw.

When you just paid over $200 to put in prescription lenses it is a fatal flaw. If it were just losing the mask - that's one thing, but I'm rather possessive of my special masks.

If I had known what the problem was I could have just done that. Given the "sporty" conditions I was diving in I decided surfacing and seeing what was wrong was the better option. I did have my buddy try to fix it underwater - but after getting rolled around in the surge he gave up.

They'll probably tell you that you bought a ladies mask and that you should just man-up (whatever that means).

But I am a lady.

Anyway, looking at the picture of the connection point, it doesn't appear to be very durable at all for anyone.

Anyway, looking at the picture of the connection point, it doesn't appear to be very durable at all for anyone.

I agree. The way I have fixed it should make it much better long-term. The back clear piece I drilled into was quite solid.

I was Raftingtigger's buddy, and couldn't see how to reconnect that at the time. We were experiencing fairly extreme surge at the time, literally tumbling over each other, when we mutually signaled to ascend. She is to be commended for her handling of what could have been a very unpleasant end to our dive. Keeping the mask in place and completing her safety stop in high surge while holding a large camera rig is skills folks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom