Novel about the search and recovery of the H.M.S. Swift (1770) in Patagonia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tremebundo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi fellow divers!

Is any of you familiar with the wreck of the British H.M.S. Swift in 1770 off the coast of Patagonia? The discovery of the wreck, two hundred years later, meant the beginning of underwater archaeology in Argentina.

The reason I'm writing this post is that I wrote a novel based on this story and thought I'd share it here in case someone is interested. It was originally published in Spanish (my mother tongue) and did reasonably well for an independent author (a couple of thousand copies sold, which I'm pretty pleased with!). I was then published in Braille, and finally translated into English. The English version just went live on Amazon a couple of days ago:

The sunken secret - Kindle edition by Cristian Perfumo, Stephen Logan. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Also, here is the blurb:

Based on a true story
When amateur diver Marcelo Rosales hears the story of a British warship that sank in 1770 near his tiny home town in Patagonia, his youthful curiosity is piqued. It's probably just another rumour, but it can't hurt to find out a little more ... or can it? He begins researching the history of the wreck and making exploratory dives with two of his friends in the murky waters of the Deseado inlet. But then a brutal murder turns the search into a dangerous race to find a secret that has been hidden beneath the sea for more than two centuries.

If you decide to pick up a copy (it's available both as an ebook and paperback), I'd love to hear (read) your thoughts!

Happy dives

Cristian

You are very welcome!

Thanks for posting, Christian. I picked it up and its in my queue.

Tom

You are welcome, Tom! I hope you like it!

Back
Top Bottom