Shearwater Predix Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The standard GF on the Shearwater is fine. Model choice depends on what you are comfortable with.

It is important to have tablet/pc software to mimic the model on your DC for checks/balances in addition to your manual calculations.

Thanks for all the responses. I am real excited about getting this computer even though I will not be doing deco.

I've said thousands of times I'll never become a deco diver......... and I'm signed up for a trimix class in a few weeks.

That's so funny. I enjoyed reading the post The_Aviator_1.

But I mean it; I have a Halcyon Explorer wing (for doubles) that has 3-5 dives on it. I really should sell it as I will not use it.

I understand completely. I know everyone has different motives for diving. I just always found myself wanting to go a little deeper, or a little further into the cave and stay a little longer which required more training to do so safely and before I knew it I was in places I never imagined. Even if you never do a single deco dive you'll love your shearwater computer. My girlfriend is a basic open water diver and I throw one of my petrels on her in rec mode and she loves it. I use mine for deco and its perfect. My favorite part is the logging feature on shearwater desktop. Their customer service is also exceptional.

I understand completely. I know everyone has different motives for diving. I just always found myself wanting to go a little deeper, or a little further into the cave and stay a little longer which required more training to do so safely and before I knew it I was in places I never imagined. Even if you never do a single deco dive you'll love your shearwater computer. My girlfriend is a basic open water diver and I throw one of my petrels on her in rec mode and she loves it. I use mine for deco and its perfect. My favorite part is the logging feature on shearwater desktop. Their customer service is also exceptional.

Love it. I will order it tomorrow from DGEx. Next Sunday it will get used!!! Love it already.
Have read the manual already and its well written.

I've done deco procedure course and adv nitrox so have the theory. Like you (The_Aviator_1), but to a much lesser extent, I venture into small deco at times.

Back
Top Bottom