New Coltri mch 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octopus adrift

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi divers and compressors experts :).
i bought a coltri mch 16 delivering 315 lt/min for my personal use (i do not want to make money out of it) petrol powered!
i thought i was going to use it more that how much i am using it...
I was wandering if i am not able to use it for 2 weeks or 1 month it can be a problem for the compressor or for the Honda engine?

Any advice is welcome

No problem with leaving for quite a few months. Only problem would be petrol drying out in the carborettor jets, so if you are not going to use for more than three or four months, turn fuel off and run engine till it stops.

Look at the filter and understand how many fills you get. I bought a Chinese copy from Henga compressors in china and it was rubbish. Make sure you know how long you get from the filters. I have a Bayer and use a P21 and a 0520 coltri in series to ensure I have clean nitrox air. The 0520 itself doesn't give you a lot of fills. I check mine by weight to find if they are exhausted, It should take 20% moisture on the Molecular Sieve and then exhausted. You need to work out when your filter is exhausted. Given its petrol you need to ensure you remove CO and it needs more than MS and AC. You will need Hopcalite as well to remove CO

Last edited:
thanks a lot guys!
So.. i used it for the last time 1 week ago...
I let it run until the fuel was finished....
And now it will be off for another week...
I hope the best because it is an expansive toy...!
THanks again!

Mine, from empty 20 min. Its 100 litres/min as per spec

No problem with leaving for quite a few months. Only problem would be petrol drying out in the carborettor jets, so if you are not going to use for more than three or four months, turn fuel off and run engine till it stops.

Same experience here.
I had a MCH6 that stand for years (but electric motor) and a gasoline generator which stand for a couple of years (but let it run dry like you said).
Both restart without any problems....just change the filter and oil after a long time of standing.
Some Oring went old...but cheap to replace (well I have an Oring company...but even buying them regular costs nothing).

It would be advisable to add a fuel stabilizer in the gas tank and run it for a few minutes to allow the fuel stabilizer to enter the carburettor.
It's not a good idea to let it running until it consumes all the fuel in the carburettor. Some fuel will be left and it will spoil anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom