the calypso in toby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abnfrog

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
heres a question to some of the old timers , remember when the Cousteau and the calspso was in toby around 1980 if remember right does any one have any pictures |?

I have a picture that my instructor took when she left the harbor heading down Lake Huron. I'll post it tomorrow for you.

cool.............. do you remember the date i think it was 1980?

In what I can only describe as a moment of sheer stupidity, I missed her trip into town! She was docked right across the harbour in front of my place, but alas, I wasn't there. I seem to recall that I was attending USMS meeting someplace....

I was told that JYC himself flew into town in his little heli, which landed on the ferry dock, before heading out.

I seem to recall seeing a photo in G+S one time, but that was a while ago.

yeah we all heard the calypso was going to be there so lawrence begean and all the crew raced up when we saw here it was a let down with all the rust etc , i got a few pics then left but i l;ost them years ago. i thought you of all people stoo would have had pics ..............steve

cool thx dean

Here she is on Lake Huron in 1980
20160210_123228.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom