What to look for in used BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What to look for in a used BC?
Hmmm...
e69f2a6a1fb31ba01272f3627bfa9ea2.jpg

Hmmm...

See, I wouldn't buy this one she hasn't even connected the LP inflator properly, and it is clearly to large for her.... Divers to day....

The one you showed was nothing exciting. If you decide to give it a look, bring cash and be ready for it to walk away if it isn't what you want. I've seen gear that has been sitting in the garage for years and the glued velcro is cracked and falling apart. you can check for leaks by putting the BCD in a tub of water and wiping down the valves and seams with a wet sponge with some dish soap. If you want to test the pressure release, you can inflate it and hug it or step on it.

Hmmm...

See, I wouldn't buy this one she hasn't even connected the LP inflator properly, and it is clearly to large for her.... Divers to day....

The one you showed was nothing exciting. If you decide to give it a look, bring cash and be ready for it to walk away if it isn't what you want. I've seen gear that has been sitting in the garage for years and the glued velcro is cracked and falling apart. you can check for leaks by putting the BCD in a tub of water and wiping down the valves and seams with a wet sponge with some dish soap. If you want to test the pressure release, you can inflate it and hug it or step on it.

Definitely too large for her - I think I would have to be a gentleman and help her with proper sizing and fitting, making sure all the clips are correctly done, the straps are in the right place etc.

(NB the right place for the straps may or may not be on the floor!:rofl3:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom