Taveuni? Where to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another option to dive rainbow reef would be to stay on Vanua Levu at Sau Bay resort or Dolphin divers.These places are probably closer to the reefs than Taveuni resorts.I stayed at Sau Bay last year and I went there by getting a car to take me from Savsavu. It was about an hours drive with some amazing scenery.Most people fly to Taveuni and get the resort to pick them up in a boat for a 20 minute ride.
I would not be so sure about going to namena from Taveuni as it is 53 miles from the bottom of Taveuni.
There is a new resort near Paradise. Not sure what it is called but is run by a bloke named Karl who has been involved in diving in Taveuni for a long time.It is not on the beach though.

I would highly recommend Nakia Eco Resort along with their dive operation Taveuni Ocean Sports. We have dove with them three vacations. Please read their reviews on Tripadvisor. They are spot on accurate. We have over 1000 dives each, and they are simply the best we have experienced. Nakia is a great place to stay with only a five minute walk to the dive shop. The food is all organic and grown at the resort. You will feel like part of the family. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom