Personal attention for 2 new divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I pulled my aluminium and steel tank weight stats from another website as well so I guess there is some disagreement even among the pros who supposedly study all this stuff. Anyway, I will stick with the basis of my prior recommendation for new divers and that is to dive with the tanks they know. If this group were staying for a week by all means they could give steel tanks a try if they wish but having only one dive trip in Coz to fit in the time the cruise ship provides I believe they they should dive with the tanks they know.

The right dive op with a private DM is going to take them on a shallower dive than the rest of the divers on the boat. As such, an 80CF tank is going to deliver just as much bottom time for them at the 40-50 ft they'll dive with their private DM on the top of the reef as the more experienced divers will enjoy starting at 80'+ and working their way up. As such, all on the same boat will enjoy about the same bottom time. Even a total air hog will experience about the same bottom time at 40' as the experienced divers will realize at 80 ft.

Um, so, back to the dive ops for new divers. lol

OK, well, pretty much ANY op will provide your new divers with their own DM for individual, personal attention if you are willing to pay for it and book it far enough in advance so that suitable arrangements can be made. All you have to do is contact any of the various ops whose names pop up here regularly. Your problem, as others have mentioned will be your departure time. A better question you might ask is - which ops can/will accommodate a cruise ship schedule (i.e. late departure)? With those names, then you could contact them and make arrangements to book a private DM for your new divers. At least, that is how I would approach your conundrum.

Tres Pelicanos. If you aren't happy with the experience they provide you and your fellow travelers with by all means let everyone here know about. However, that will never happen and you will instead be raving about the experience you enjoyed.

Is there a echo in here???? :)

Tres Pelicanos. If you aren't happy with the experience they provide you and your fellow travelers with by all means let everyone here know about. However, that will never happen and you will instead be raving about the experience you enjoyed.

We dove aldora. They max at 6 divers in a boat and they will do personal guides if you want (though we had no need). The service was great and I'd go back with them in a heartbeat. The steel tanks were great and the guys on the boat could tell you how much weight you needed if you knew what you needed for AL80's. In our case it was drop 4 lb and dive. They offer both steel 100s and 120s if you are an air hog (120s) or physically unable (or unwilling) to tote a 120. I dove both while there and the steel 100's are probably my favorite tank of all time now. I think they also do a cruise service based boat and especially if there are 4 of you.

thanks,
rick

My son and I dove with Aldora off of a cruise ship. He had very few dives under his belt. Aldora asks about this when you sign up. They had a personal DM with him for the dive. It was fantastic. Highly reccomend them for your situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom