Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

40' was a dive shop report, I heard it was more like 20'.

It was also kind of a fluke it both tides on either side of that one were more like 5-10' including the past week, and generally right around 73°F. They are dumping tons of canal/drainage water from the canals driving vis down.

I appreciate the optimism but people need to know reality.
While each day is different at the bridge... There has not been a lot of rain recently. Yes, this report was different for days prior and days after, but it is not unusual for a single day to be full of vis and other days to be short...

I heard from 3 people reporting shadows at approximately 40', and I consider mid 70s to be 73-77 F. So, the potential for the weekend is there... I just see the glass as half full...

I will likely be there on Saturday (Sunday is somehow full of what someone else wants to do :wink: )

The canals all over PB county are still way high so even though it hasnt rained as much lately they are still dumping tons of water. Fortunately yesterday the vis was more like 20ft until the tide turned and then it went back down to the murk. I have a cold so didnt get to dive.

I think the people who drive more than 30 minutes to get to BHB likely appreciate honest reports, i know I surely would if I had to invest a large chunk of time in transit for a dive.

The canals all over PB county are still way high so even though it hasnt rained as much lately they are still dumping tons of water. Fortunately yesterday the vis was more like 20ft until the tide turned and then it went back down to the murk. I have a cold so didnt get to dive.

I think the people who drive more than 30 minutes to get to BHB likely appreciate honest reports, i know I surely would if I had to invest a large chunk of time in transit for a dive.
I agree, and today's vis was crap!
I don't even have pictures to show....

Got a temp reading???

Striped burrfish that we saw on Saturday. Sorry it is a little out of focus. Playing with a new camera and it was my first actual dive with it. We were out for the Dive Rite Experience and got in a 65 minute dive.
lnHOybb.jpg

Went yesterday and although a beautiful day vis was approximately 10 feet on the east side, 73 degrees and the top 5 feet of water is brown haze. The sewage pumpout from Lake O is killing all the estuary hydroids and very few critters were found.

Got lucky Sunday night on a leap of faith drive and dive.
Vis was initially 15-20 feet though that fell sharply at high tide peak with temp 73 till lake O came out dropping to 70.
Lots of critters and Mating action!
Scorp1.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom