Sizing issues... Tall girl problems.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crush627

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Need a bit of sizing help and suggestions, please... I'm looking for a inexpensive shorty (no more than $100) and rash guards for warm water dives.

My info: I'm 5'8, wear a size 14/16 bottom and L/XL top in street clothes.

I recently tried on a Neosport size 14 and the torso was too short. It did fit otherwise. Going from a size chart perspective, I'm looking at Bare Nixie (very few reviews), Head Wave and Seaquest Titanium. Any feedback or suggestions here?

As far as rash guards... I'd prefer not to go to a men's cut if I can avoid it, but I need a loose fit that is cut long in the torso area.

Thanks!!!

My wife is 6' and uses Henderson womens wetsuits and shorties in 3 mm. It used to be Hyperstretch but they changed things and names but still works. Don't know if you can get away with less than $100 tho. She does not use rash guards but I use Neosport.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that 5'8" is all that tall for a lady. I'm thinking that you may be a little longer in the torso than most your height and that's the issue(I'm a guy and have the same problem). Like ColoDale said above something in a "Hyperstretch"(or whatever label it's under) may be the ticket for you as the lower cost suits tend to use neoprene that's a little less "stretchy".

The Nixie has some pretty decent feedback among the ladies that have purchased them from us, so you may be on the right track there.

Thanks to all for the feedback!
I'll try the suggested brands before I go the custom route. Now I'll have to see who has them in stock!

As far as rash guards... I'd prefer not to go to a men's cut if I can avoid it, but I need a loose fit that is cut long in the torso area.

Rash guards are meant to fit skin tight, since this reduces drag while swimming.

O'Neill makes men's rash guards in tall sizes. I have two of them and like them. They fit my arms but are longer in the torso than I would like, and are (for a men's top) cut fairly full in the chest. Might work for you.

Hi @Crush627 ,

Thank you considering us. The BARE Nixie has a lot of stretch and is very comfortable. You might want to consider the Limited Edition as well.

We have posted an updated size chart for both. You can take a look here: Dive - Support - Consumer - Size Charts

Need a bit of sizing help and suggestions, please... I'm looking for a inexpensive shorty (no more than $100) and rash guards for warm water dives.

My info: I'm 5'8, wear a size 14/16 bottom and L/XL top in street clothes.

I recently tried on a Neosport size 14 and the torso was too short. It did fit otherwise. Going from a size chart perspective, I'm looking at Bare Nixie (very few reviews), Head Wave and Seaquest Titanium. Any feedback or suggestions here?

Thanks!!!

If you want to try the custom wetsuit route I have had excellent experience with Wetwear. They use really excellent neoprene and the ez-on zippers makes getting into the suit incredibly easy - even when wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom