Serious accident at Silfra - Iceland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Planning a trip here in 2017 so this was somewhat disconcerting to hear. However, I agree with the previous poster that said this is just weird. In all my research, I never came across anything that makes this dive remotely challenging other than the cold temps of course. Could it be that she wasn't fully prepared for the temperatures or had a leak in her drysuit that caused her to get hypothermia? Maybe her regulator froze and she lost consciousness? It seems that this dive is usually done with lots of people, and there's certainly no issue with the viz, so I wonder why no one was able to assist her, especially her buddy. My sympathy goes out to her family as well.

Johanan, JohnnyC, Gareth...

Would you mind reaching out to me at victormlee[at]gmail[dot]com? I have some questions about this that I'd like your perspective on. I knew the diving victim.

Thanks,
Victor

Shoot me a PM if you've got any questions.

Back
Top Bottom