Question about NAUI AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburgert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I haven't been diving since1997, I have taken a refresher course a couple months ago and did good. I want to take the AOW cert this May. I comfortable enough to take the cert. Any advice for preparing for the course?

If you have taken your refresher a couple of months ago and you are taking the "Advanced Scuba Diver" (ASD) course in May, you'll need a refresher in April :D

Since it has been a very long while since your last openwater dive, do a couple of dives under an instructor's supervision just for extra practice before your course. Make sure that you are all familiar with your equipment, dive tables, theory part of the sport and that you are in a good physical shape and good health. Make sure that any equipment you own and will be using in the ASD course fits you and is functioning properly.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll take your advice. I kinda dread doing another refresher money wise, but I will do it.

I definitely have to study the NAUI dive tables beforehand, probably buy them this week. As far as diving before the AOW course I'm hoping to get some dives in at Dutch Springs in April.

Last edited:
if you have access to a laminator just print them online, unless they don't have to be brought on the dives, and then just print them out

Buy the course materials now. It should include a code to login to the website and watch the aow training videos. Also you'll get the book which you can study in advance. Pretty sure my LDS charged like $50 or $75 for the package.

I definitely have to study the NAUI dive tables beforehand, probably buy them this week. As far as diving before the AOW course I'm hoping to get some dives in at Dutch Springs in April.

No one hopes to dive Dutch in April :wink:

If you don't have Enriched Air cert yet, be sure to include that with your AOW. I don't know about today, but NAUI used to require two dives for Enriched Air cert. These can be combined with the dives required for AOW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom