Drysuit for Tec diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand that YKK-BDM are also producing a plastic zipper as wel, but no experience with it. For now I'll take the disadvantages of metal zips (bit of maintenance and not as flexible) vs a leaking zip. In the end zipper replacements are a big ticket change on a suit.
Used Tizip, lasted about 70 dives. I now have YKK zip for some 20 dives. It'still dry :rolleyes:

Just ordered an Othree Ri-200 compressed neoprene suit. It will be arriving in a month from UK so I will post a review.

Well I went for the Artic 450 EX Drysuit, made to my body, could pass the price and all what comes with the suit, as it has double side pocket, heavy duty boots, I ask for all seals to be Latex, and the Metal zipper, all for 1200eu, only bad thing is that I need to wait almost 2 months as it is custtom made to my body.

I hope I made a good investment

I have an old back zip Viking and a USIA techniflex (or tech...flex...something) I got from DRIS. I bought the USIA one during one of the holiday sales so I got it for $1K I think. I like it. This was in the US, but I'm sure they'd ship to you in the Netherregions.

I have a Pinnacle suit. Its fine, nothing fancy, was affordable so it got me into a drysuit as I progressed to tec diving. I have not had an issue with it, and I wear it all the time now, have not gone back to a wet suit.

My suit started leaking this weekend. Steve Gamble and I did a leak check last night. I take back what I said about the Ti-Zips, they can't hold up for even a year.

Thanks for the honest feedback. What are you going to do now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom