Zeagle Express Tech vs. Hollis Ride Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second Pete for the Hunterpac, it's brilliant, and in the same price range as the others.
Did you remove all the padding too?

Thank you for all your feedback. I didn't realize Zeagle has weight pouch! I am leaning towards Express Tech. Hollis Ride Wing is still available from LeisurePro but only 23lbs.

I believe any weight systems for the ET are an add-on feature. Zeagle makes 2 or 3 options or you can add XScuba quick release weight pouches to the waist band. If you use a weight belt the Mako rubber belts get good reviews.

Did you remove all the padding too?

don't own one, still prefer my Kydex BP/W from DSS or Transpac+travel wing, but have test dove them. I have no need for more single tank equipment as i haven't dove single tank more than a handful of times in the last 3-4 years. I have removed all of the padding from my transpacs though. The Hunterpac is imho the best integrated rig out there.

The Hollis Ride was discontinued over a year ago. The new light weight version is:
L.T.S. Light Travel System

The Express tech is also discontinued around the same time and they only now have the Deluxe version:
Express Tech Deluxe

Both are very similar, and you can't make a bad decision between the 2. They are both very minimal and light weight....hard to really pick off too many differences without getting nitty gritty like tank band locations, rip cord weight release vs. independent pull, color....very similar and both great choices.

One difference is that the Express tech is one size its all, while the Hollis is size specific.

Actually the Hollis Ride is also one size fits all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom