[ScubaPro] Uwatec IrDA and Windows 10 - NOT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People still use things with IRDA?

People still use things with IRDA?
Enough so that Microsoft is bowing to pressure and putting it in the 11### version.

Enough so that Microsoft is bowing to pressure and putting it in the 11### version.

Jax did you get this sorted or are you still waiting. I am just trying to get my ir (using a Polar one) working on Windows 10. I dont know if its my Polar USB adapter or Windows 10 causing the issues. I only need to download the info one time so dont really want to buy a new ir dongle.

Jax did you get this sorted or are you still waiting. I am just trying to get my ir (using a Polar one) working on Windows 10. I dont know if its my Polar USB adapter or Windows 10 causing the issues. I only need to download the info one time so dont really want to buy a new ir dongle.

You either need a PC with Windows 8.1 or older or you have to update your Windows 10 PC to the latest Insider Preview build. Then you can download your data.

Reactions: No9

You either need a PC with Windows 8.1 or older or you have to update your Windows 10 PC to the latest Insider Preview build. Then you can download your data.
No IrDA will work on Win 10 until Microsoft releases version 11###.

She is absolutely correct. I've tried damn near everything to port my Uwatec SmartPro into W10 through an endless array of various guises. No go.

I'm getting tired of Windows trying to morph Mac. One world is all about the nuts and bolts of files and intelligent users, the other is all about being taken care of by Big Brother. Pick one and go with it.

YOU CAN'T BE BOTH!!!

I ended up using a Mac, my IrDA and Diviac Dive Computer Connector (DDCC) successfully (well sort of, but wont be long)

Look, guys, the bottom line is that the IrDA support will return to Windows 10 when Microsoft releases build 11082. People in the preview program have already affirmed the IrDA works in that Windows 10 Preview build 11082.

On launch day, none of them worked anymore. Come to find out, some time between the pre-release edition we tested with, and the final release, Microsoft removed *all* IRDA support from Windows. The entire IRDA stack is gone (imagine a computer coming without TCP/IP support!).

Windows 10 Pro: USB IrDA adapter driver installation failed

I've a boring business trip coming up, I plan to install linux+subsurface in virutalbox and see if I can get it to talk to my IR cradle (cressi leonardo). As long as host system does a complete pass-through on the usb port, it should work and get you to the nuts and bolts of intelligent users and their files and work on both kinds of computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom