Deadly stingrays attack and injure billionaire at Stingray City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you considered re-tuning your irony/humor detector? I found the thread title quite funny, particularly after reading the OP and the linked article.
I considered it, and rejected it. I'd rather assume the OP was serious (so I asked him) and badly misinformed, or was trying to stir up silt where there was none.I found his defense response rather irritating....."I just pass it on." So in addition to not being funny, I find it offensive that bad info is being promulgated by someone (a diver) who ought to know better. But i guess he doesn't care if he misinforms or misleads or passes on nonsense. I hope he is not an instructor!

Branson should invest a couple of dollars in to a toothbrush!

Ok.. Ok... so not funny. Let's have the mods move it to the 'Humor' forum. Perhaps that will give the posting a different context.

It became a tradition for our groups returning from Grand Cayman to raise their hands during the return flight and show off their stingray hickies. It never got reported in the news. But our divers weren't billiionaires.

I'm not an instructor anymore but I did spend a fair number of years as a full time instructor. So rather than spread dangerous misinformation that could lead to the slaughter of innocent stingrays or the closing of stingray dives, I'd like to ask the mods to move this to the Humor section.

Sorry if I offended. In the future, I'll keep my humorous posts topics focused on my better material, sex and underwater farts.

Ok.. Ok... so not funny. Let's have the mods move it to the 'Humor' forum. Perhaps that will give the posting a different context.

It became a tradition for our groups returning from Grand Cayman to raise their hands during the return flight and show off their stingray hickies. It never got reported in the news. But our divers weren't billiionaires.

I'm not an instructor anymore but I did spend a fair number of years as a full time instructor. So rather than spread dangerous misinformation that could lead to the slaughter of innocent stingrays or the closing of stingray dives, I'd like to ask the mods to move this to the Humor section.

Sorry if I offended. In the future, I'll keep my humorous posts topics focused on my better material, sex and underwater farts.
Good response! Thanks. Sorry, you hit my hot button. (one fo them....)

Let's have the mods move it to the 'Humor' forum.
I vote "nay" to that proposal.

If we can't have a little fun outside the Humor forum, I doubt if I'd like to stay at SB.

Back
Top Bottom