Atomic frameless, frameless 2 or venom frameless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

My atomic frameless has a scratch and I'd like to replace it. I don't have access to any shop selling atomic, so I have to order online. I am not worried about fit, most masks fit me well. I love the atomic frameless field of view (and I am not aware of anything better in terms of field of view).

I have a few questions for people who have seen/used these masks:

Main question is: what was really improved in frameless 2? (Compared to old frameless). Is the FOV as good as the original?

Second: how does the field of view of venom frameless compare with frameless? A divernet review shows it to be marginally smaller.

And last: what would you choose between frameless 2 and venom? Is the soft silicone of venom really worth the price? Is it durable enough?

The softer skirt with the frameless II is noticely more comfortable to me. It is otherwise the same as the original.

I tried on the venom, I thought it was bulky and heavy.

Venom is too pricey and garish as well, frameless and frameless 2 are simple, clean designs, not to mention cheaper in $. No difference between frameless vs frameless 2 other than frameless 2 has a somewhat softer silicone sealing edge/lip than does frameless, so frameless uses one grade of silicone vs frameless 2 uses 2 different grades of silicone. I own both frameless and frameless 2 (bought a frameless 2 on Black Friday sales weekend so no chance to test dive it yet, but tried it out and it felt very comfortable. Value is subjective, you may have to actually try them on personally to decide.

You know the devil you have... :)

If I couldn't dive with my AA Frameless I'd stop diving altogether.

I found the "Frameless 2" 2 large for my taste (greenhouse on face effect) while not giving me an appreciably larger field of vision. I too found the "Venom" bulky, heavy, and garish if you like that sort of thing.

The Frameless 2 is identical to the original frameless with the exception of it having a new type of silicone on the edges that is softer than the original. I tried on both the Venom Frameless and the Frameless 2 and found the Frameless 2 fit me better so I went with it.
If remember correctly the field of view in the Frameless 2 was a bit better then the Venom, but not by much.

The Frameless 2 is identical to the original frameless with the exception of it having a new type of silicone on the edges that is softer than the original.

The Frameless 2 has a larger lens.

frameless_black.jpg

Back
Top Bottom