water temp and visibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone. Bad on Bonaire is still good. That's why we love it so! We were last there in June and water temp was 78-79. So glad to know it will be a bit warmer. Exactly why we are trying a September trip this year. Hot weather but maybe warmer water. And-- we've heard from dive masters-- sometimes the best vis of the year too.
I too was on Bonaire in June and the water temp was cooler than normal. It was quite strange actually for June/July.

Anyone know the current water temp. Arriving Soon and I just saw a picture of a diver at the Harbor Village underwater web cam in short and T shirt.

Anyone know the current water temp. Arriving Soon and I just saw a picture of a diver at the Harbor Village underwater web cam in short and T shirt.
On my last dive 2 hrs ago my computer read 83 avg and 81 min. It's been windy though. I've gotten slightly chilly at the end of some dives in a 3 mm full.

We've all showed 82/83 all week. I've been diving an underarmor cold gear long sleeve shirt and swim trunks since Thursday, mostly a full 3mm wet suit before that. I'm a hot natured, fat, sob though. The rest of my group has been in shorties or Caribbean shorties ranging from ok to being too warm.

Was at Harbour Village with the camera install group in June and heading back in February with a high school field studies group, can't wait. I'm bringing a 3 mil full and shorty just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're on Bonaire now. Winds are up this week (more than usual.) Water temps and viz are down. All four divers in our group have been showing 75 to 76 degrees F water temp on our Oceanic computers. I'm diving with 5 mm suit and 2 mm beanie. Mrs. WWGuy has the same, plus a dive skin under her suit. We've been chilly at 60 minutes. Another in our groups says he's cold in his 3 mm full suit at around 45 minutes.

Yesterday afternoon we dove Invisibles. We were the only truck there when we went in. When we came out at 68 minutes another group was exiting ahead of us, some in shorties and others just in swim trunks. We assumed that the cold water and lack of insulation contributed to their significantly shorter dive time.

FWIW: my previous experience has been that our Oceanic computers show a couple of degrees lower than what's reported by divers diving with other brands. But I verified accuracy once in the tub at home against two different non-diving digital thermometers. So there's that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom