Glueing gopro to hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dumpster you're not a newbie.....you've got a good idea of how your movement will affect the outcome and the addition of the chin strap is a wide choice! Dinner must've been bountiful that night!

I'm trying to decide on where to mount my new gopro so it I'll be hands free. I would like to head mount it and have a few friends doing it with the head strap and home made chin strap attached. I would prefer to glue the base directly to the hood using aquaseal. Has anyone tried this or has another method of mounting to hood?
Thx,
Tony
Glue is not a good idea unless you are prepared to lose it!

When I do wear the gopro on my head I put the hood over my headstrap so it doesn't slip off of my head. I am not a big fan of wearing my gopro on my head, my videos usually come out better when I hold the camera.

Be careful when using head mount. I heard a lot of people lost it when get back to the surface. Always forgot the gopro on head when take off the mask.

I ended up doing a dive head mounting the go pro with a homemade chin strap, and then also diving with it scooter mounted. I found both ways acceptable for me and was surprised how unnoticible it was during the dives. Depending on the dive I think I will do one or the other. Editing makes a huge difference in how pleasurable the video is to watch and I found the iMovie app on the Mac easy to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom