Dive Recommendations Near Jupiter,Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a newer diver just certified this past summer with a mere 10 dives (4 in NJ and 6 on west coast Florida visiting a friend). Next month I will be visiting my brother in Jupiter for a week and would love to get some dives in. Ive been reading up on some popular dive sites in the area but I would like to hear what the good people at Scuba Board have to recommend.

What dive shops would you recommend I look into? My brother does not dive so I need a shop to take me out.

Any must visit dive sites in the area?

How is the diving this time of year, and what kind of exposure protection do you lucky Floridians don in March waters?

I am open to any kind of diving whether it be wreck, wall, drift, etc, and I am looking forward to hopefully having my first shark encounter as well.

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Brian

In my opinion, Jupiter is better suited for folks with a bit more experience, but then again people are trained and certified there daily. The problem is that with the depths you'll face, you'll have a short dive if you are not nitrox certified. Dive guides do go down with the group but stay down with the nitrox divers or 20 minutes longer than air divers. If you are set on Jupiter then check out Jupiter Dive Center (my favorite) or Capt Sl8er.

West Palm Beach has shallower sites and is close by. Scuba Club is really good with newer divers. Jim Abernathy Scuba Adventures is also a good shop. Pura Vida also operates a boat in the same marina as JASA. Boynton is a bit further south and has good mid-depth dives too. Check out Under Water Explorers and Splashdown or any of the other boats in Two Georges marina

Last edited:
There are a lot of options with Jupiter diving. Go and visit with Stuart Scuba (www,stuartscuba.com) and tell them Paul from Vero Beach Scuba Club sent you.
They will be happy to chat about the sites and figure out places that will work for you (and that will be AWESOME diving).

..., and I am looking forward to hopefully having my first shark encounter as well.

LOL! Write up a post here after your 20th encounter. Should only take you 1 tank here. Expect 74 degree bottom temps and book your boat reservations early, that's spring break. To keep an eye on the forecast as it gets closer with wave heights / temps many of us look at:

Windfinder.com - Wind and weather forecast Lake Worth Pier

Have fun,,,,, you are going get spoiled on the Jupiter diving and move here too !!

Have fun,,,,, you are going get spoiled on the Jupiter diving and move here too !!

I dove there the end of January. Everyone's advice is spot on. Including wanting to move there. I spent the last afternoon there looking at condos.

With York experience level you would do well to get a few dives in at blue heron bridge. Having a guide or a buddy that has been there before is helpful.

If you are set on diving from a boat you may want to get nitrox certified before you go.

Thank you everyone for the advice! While i will be staying in Jupiter I am not limiting myself to only diving there. Really just trying to stay somewhat local and find the best diving suitable to my experience level. I would love to be nitrox certified before going, but unfortunately I don't know if I will have the time before leaving.

All that said I could not be more excited to get down there and in the water!

Thank you everyone for the advice!

you are welcome to join the Vero Beach Scuba Club on any dive we have going while you are here! PM me and we'll hook you up

Why don't you call one of the shops and get nitrox certified while you are there? You can do the e-learning before you go, and so have only a short shop session and then your dive, which you can work into one or your planned trips. Here are five great shops, in no particular order:

Force-E Riviera beach
Pura Vida Divers
Jim Abernethy Scuba Adventures
Scubaworks in Jupiter
Jupiter Dive Center

I dive with them all and have trained with Force E (nitrox) and Scubaworks (AOW) and none will disappoint.

In my opinion, Jupiter is better suited for folks with a bit more experience, but then again people are trained and certified there daily. The problem is that with the depths you'll face, you'll have a short dive if you are not nitrox certified.

Before your trip, you could easily take the PADI eLearning course for nitrox and go to a LDS to analyze a couple of tanks and get your certification. My wife did it this way, my son and I were nitrox certified in 2002 and were required to do 2 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom