Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Rite just added a Travel XT wing to our raffle prizes!
Raffle River

use the arrows on the main picture to scroll through the prizes....More added as they arrive!
Dive RIte Travel XT.jpg

JMJ.jpg
is giving away a custom wetsuit in the raffle. Your choice of 3, 5 or 7 mil Your choice of style. They make the best "Sea Hunt" style suit around. Click below to see the Sea Hunt Forever Raffle.....Use the arrows on the main picture of the raffle site to scroll though all the prizes.
Raffle River

Here are two true Voit “Frankenstein” regulators ready for Sea Hunt.

This are hybrid regulators in the true spirit of some of the regulators that were used in the filming of “sea Hunt”. From the outside they do look like all Voit parts. :)

I just got my smooth skin wetsuit top and most of my other gear is almost ready to go.

My Sea Hunt Kit is Complete!
-
Yesterday I received my green harness and weights from Allan. Then a few minutes later my Sea Hunt Wetsuit from JMJ arrived.
- Twin 38s and 42s are ready.
- Voit A6 fins are ready.
- Green hose straight mouthpiece Voit VR1 regulator is ready.
- Blue as well as chrome Voit VCR2 regulators are ready.
- Wire weight belt is ready.

Wardrobe of a Well Dressed Sea Hunt Diver...
JMJSuit.jpg

- My Sea Hunt style wetsuit from JMJ Wetsuits. I went with 3mm for flexibility and minimal buoyancy. No zippers on the wrists and forend. Note the old style zipper in front with beavertail jacket and high waster pants. If you watch the Sea Hunt episodes, the suits Mike wears look very thin... Probably so he doesn't look bulky on screen. But also, Mike Nelson rarely wears a hood, always goes bare handed and bare footed in his Voit fins... Obviously he doesn't dive in cold water!
tanks.jpg

- The Twin 38s in front will be my primary tanks for the Sea Hunt Forever Show. I plan to re-fill them by Cascade from aluminum 80s. Note the new green harness not yet installed. These twin 38s are so buoyant, I need to wear weights when diving with them even when I'm not diving a wet suit. The Twin 42s in back are heavier and I'm almost too heavy when diving them even with a 3mm suit. So, the Twin 38s will get preference in order to wear the Sea Hunt style weight belt.
VoitRegs.jpg

- Early Sea Hunt Episodes had Mike Nelson diving the green hose, green label, straight mouthpiece Voit VR1 Lung regulator... Pictured in front. Later episodes had him diving the blue Voit VCR2 Compensated regulator... Pictured here in the famous blue as well as the later chrome versions. Of course, lots of other regulators were visible on the show and those others will be dove by other Sea Hunt Forever cast members. But these three have always been the unofficial/official regulators of Sea Hunt and that's why I collected them in the first place. :)
FinsMask.jpg

- My reproduction "Squale" mask is as close as I could get to authenticity. The Squale was seen in a few episodes but Mikes choice was usually a Voit. Sea Hunt Jerry says the real Sea Hunt Voit masks are rare and cost hundreds when you can find one in good shape for diving. My Voit A6 Viking fins are Exactly right for Sea Hunt. Beautiful things to own... Graceful. They're like artwork in rubber compared to the plastic stuff made nowadays. And finally my wire buckle weight belt. I got the rounded style weights from Allan Klauda for dirt cheap prices. I highly recommend checking with him as they're nice weights.

Raffle is underway supporting the divers participating in the Sea Hunt Forever event. Please take a look and Buy Buy Buy
Raffle River
SHF Logo transparent.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom