Accommodation in Ambon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Rose confirm us to taking by the boat every day (10-15 minutes driving).
Staying close to Laha was an idea to be as close as possible to muck dive sites in Ambon.
Or Lahais not the best muck place?

Laha is good, but there are a bunch of other good muck sites on the other side of the bay near Jetty Dark Blue.

To be honest, I thought the best site was Jetty Air Manis. YMMV.

Blue Rose wrote me that Robert still working.
Anyway, if my plans don't change I can check this in October)

Pls elaborate, I have not heard about land dive operations in Sumbawa, something near Bima?

Luko! i had a look at some of your galleries... wow, man! Awesome pictures and awesome subjects.. YOu love Indonesia, don' t you?? :)
BIma is not worth it as the highlight of the area is Moyo Island and Bima is too far.
I am planning to go to Sumbawa this year with a couple of other friends.. dive operators are Kencana beach hotel but the resort doesn' t look so good and diving a litlle expansive
THen Samawa seaside cottages looks very nice but a little far from Sumbawa and expansive also in this case..
I will go with Moyo Dive Center, it is runned by 2 expats (all the other operators are under local management...) and they have good prices!
In Sumbawa is plenty of accommodation to choose.. so i will book in a nice hotel for 25 bucks a night and they will pick me up there!

Patra homestay is indeed very basic but clean and not that bad, at least have an aircon, hot shower and plenty of space to unwind.
very close to blue motion
Penginapan Patra - Bandara, Ambon - Hotel Bandara Pattimura, Ambon - Galleri

The nice thing with DIA, you have the "choice" for muck diving and corals (which is very nice, I love pintu kota and hukurila cave)
We stayed in DIA new resort end of Dec. 2016 - lovely resort though still not 100% complete.

Dive into ambon-3 by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

Wisnu the new DIA resort sure looks good. How did you compare it to when you stayed at Natsepa? I am maybe looking to go to the new place end of this year. How was the food and the rooms?

We had an amazing time at the natsepa diving with DIA and are keen to go back. Also what camera setup do you use?

Thanks

Have some information that Robert was gone from Blue Rose about 2 years ago.
Sad(
And Blue Rose writes that Robert is still working there.... well well....:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom