Lost Diver in Cozumel, Mexico, February 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lionfish-eater

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread was started in the Cozumel forum but has been moved here. Please respect the special rules for this forum when posting into this thread. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

Saw this article. Any other info? Very sad.
Still Looking

COZUMEL 10 February.- the diver has not appeared lost late on Tuesday in the Santa Rosa, its air and sea search continues, in fact it will be by 96 active hours, the Body Admiral General Eliseo Adam Knight reported Rosas, commander of Naval Sector of Cozumel.
the head of the Navy on the island, announced that the institution is responsible personnel aboard two boats looking for American diver and prepared a fighter jet model 235, the intention is combing a field of action at sea taking into account currents and winds for 96 hours.
the same respondent admitted "it is unknown whether this person is at the bottom why he stayed with the team or reached doffing float and could not know. Foreseeing this situation has been removed equipment and has floated, so we get the game 235 plane to be searched ", coupled to an operation to try to find two boats is made.
Until Wednesday there were no major data the lost in the Harbor by the closure imposed since the arrival as head of José Angel Suarez Vallejo, to the unit, but had not appeared the woman.
in the Public Prosecutor's Office there is no investigation file against any boat crew called "Raquelita" home ownership diving Eco Divers, which traveled foreign.
As you may recall, in the last edition was announced the disappearance of an American diver named Connie Greilak, 62 old, originally from Wisconsin, USA, who according to the version of an authority, was diving with a group of six people on the reef known as Santa Rosa Tuesday afternoon, along with house staff dive Eco Divers, property attributed to a person named Jorge Alonso.
transpired that the group to emerge to the surface, around 15:00 am on Tuesday, she no longer appeared 16:50 hours was notified the Port of what happened and partly Naval Station search and Rescue Naval Sector of Cozumel was also given, starting the search operation, but at nightfall his

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe with all the divers in Cozumel there hasn't been anymore discussion on this. Any particulars?

There aren't a lot of boat that time of day & I'd guess based on conditions that by the time a search started it was well south of even the southern resorts. People won't notice that kind of activity from town or most resorts.

I can't believe with all the divers in Cozumel there hasn't been anymore discussion on this. Any particulars?
Only the other tourists on that boat would possibly discuss it. Operators and other businesses might discuss it among themselves, but not to tourists.

This video appeared but my spanish is not good enough and not sure how to translate audio. Caption says port captain denies lost diver. Can someone translate.

Please refrain from posting speculations and third hand info, or arguing about down currents, pony bottles, split fins, or buddy separation unless it is relevant.

I am surprised that none of the coz regulars, shop owners or even the mod who lives there has any info.
There seems to be more to say about lost gopros than lost divers.
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::idk::idk::idk:

Port captain has not given new info about their search efforts.

its air and sea search continues, in fact it will be by 96 active hours
I really couldn't make much of the translations. What was that about 96 hours?

96 hours may refer to the expected search period.

96 hours may refer to the expected search period.
That was my guess. Survival after 4 days in the water is a lot to hope for, but still possible. I remember a group who got lost near Komodo island, and after a few days I assumed they were all goners - then they all turned up alive and hungry fight off dragons on the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom