less than 7 day liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi. First time here. My fiancee and I will be celebrating our honeymoon in Mexico/Belize/Guatemala. We have 19 days and after a few days on Playa Del Carmen we are intending to make our way down the coast. We have heard great things about the liveaboard diving (Sun Dancer II etc) but we don't want to take 8 days out of our honeymoon to do it.

Is anyone aware of 2-3 day liveaboards based in the Belize City area (or North of?)? I have heard of some based in Placencia but that is a bit further South than we intend to go!

Any other advice is much appreciated!

Matt

I haven't heard of any 'short' Belize live-aboards. The only 2 Belize live-aboards I know are the Belize Aggressors III & IV (IV used to be called Sun Dancer 2).

Live-aboards can be wonderful, but I don't think you'll find what you're after in Belize this time. When you're ready to put in a week, check out my trip report from the Sun Dancer 2; had a great time.

Richard.

Is there one? Afaik the only two dive liveaboards in Belize are the Aggressor boats.

Belize Diving – Luxury Liveaboard Diving Vacations - I found this googling - seems like all weeklong trips too.Plus they seem to be rendezvous diving - meeting a dive operator at the site so it seems more like sailing with diving.

An option to consider: fly from Belize City to Roatan and go out with Zeppelin Dive & Sail.
How does having a 47 foot sailboat all to yourselves… being totally pampered sound to you?
They have gear/compressor on board so it's your own private dive yacht as they only take 1 or 2 couples total. And do 4days/3 nights of diving for $2400 total - not pp. Zeppelin Dive & Sail | Private Liveaboard Diving Sailing Caribbean
Flights are an hour long: Home - Tropic Air

If you do this Morat Wall off Barbareta is on one of the top 100 dives in the world lists.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom