Best multipurpose FFM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDoo83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello divers,

I am looking at potentially investing in a full face mask. The biggest reasoning is I would like to be able to dive in many different conditions including ice. The issue is I can't seem to get any solid information from the vendor websites about what masks are acceptable for what conditions. For example, I see the Ocean Reef Neptune Space G looks like a highly reviewed FFM with a good price but I see nothing about what kinds of environments it supports. I assume I would also get communication at some point but that would only be in the event I talk a dive buddy into doing the same. Anyway, just looking for some direction here, thanks.

Welp, I went ahead and bought the Ocean Reef Neptune Space G with surface valve and quick connect for 2nd stage. I opted not to get the comm system just yet as I really have no use for it at this point in time. I plan on taking it to my local shop to practice in the pool, I'll post back here with results.

I use OTS Guardian Full Face Masks both at work and recreationally. I also train our staff and volunteer divers on them. I have used AGA, Ocean Reef, and Kirby MK 48s in the past. I prefer the Guardian for its ease of use and for the brand range of divers that it fits. I would recommend that if it is possible, you try a few models before purchasing one so that you can decide for yourself.

Sorry - just saw that you have already made a decision. Hope that you enjoy your mask.

Jackie

Oh it's all good, I appreciate the suggestions. Amazon handles returns better than anyone so if for some reason I'm not totally happy I'm not locked into anything. I picked the Space G because it has great reviews all around and also my AOW instructor from California had recommended it to me as well (she got one herself and loves it).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom