Found in GC: wedding ring (Noelia?). And SeaLife camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oregondiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone get married in the past 10 months (cant tell if date if european with the day listed first) and lose their wedding ring on the west side of Grand Cayman (at about 90 feet)? Or know someone who did?

If yes, send me details to confirm ownership (type, size, fit, additional engravings). It looks like " Noelia" is the name engraved.

Then sea life camera must have fallen off a boat (again west bay) with shutter open (ie in middle of a snap/pic maybe?). No housing. When we get home will try to recover the photos. Happened recently(past week?) due to lack of rust.

Hopefully we can reunite the wedding ring with her owner at some random tropical dive location (sigh...or I can ship it) :)

OK, photos are viewable. A girls camera (under age 15?) With photos of her younger brother and a few of her mom (guess). Dropped possibly yesterday due to date stamped photos. She was scuba diving and based on photos, they may be from Colorado (camp photos near Taylor's River Colorado?)...

Oh hell, we just recognized 2 of the faces (totally weird???). They came in on our Houston to GC flights on Saturday last week. So...how do we go about find them? Mother (ago60ish?) doing yoga in the Houston airport. A son (40ish) losing hair on top of his head (no judgement, so is my husband). So the girl must be the granddaughter of yoga mom? The mother/son did not come in with 2 young kids so maybe they met up here?

Contact the airline. They won't give you their info but a sympathetic agent might be willing to contact them with yours.

Found them! They were at airport flying home. And the adult son works with my husband in a vendor capacity. Very very small world.

They were quite happy to hear the photos were saved (just not the sea life camera).

Now if I can just find the owner of the wedding ring!!!!
Shell

I am pretty sure I could identify the ring, but it might be cheating since I was on the boat when it came up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom