Fiji Location and Resort Recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quinn Ross

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for insight on where in Fiji to go and at which resort. We are interested in diving, diving and more diving while there. Thinking about 2 weeks with a week of diving and a week of wandering. Would prefer a resort with boat dives and unlimited shore. Does such a thing exist? Do I have to be a prince to afford it?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

If you get to Taveuni, I highly recommend Taveuni Ocean Sports -- Julie runs a remarkable operation there. For that location, the soft corals need current so the dive spots in the Somosomo Straits are reached by boat. My husband and I spent 10 days at Nakia Resort, dove 6 days (and could easily have done more diving there without seeing it all).
Julie was working on setting up another dive shop closer to Nadi when we were there in October, 2015. You can check out their website Taveuni Ocean Sports.

We also spent a few nights at Wananavu, but only got out one day for a dive (they have nitrox available). Dove with a group of 6 that had been there for a week and really enjoyed it.

I also highly recommend Taveuni Ocean Sports. We have been diving with them on three different trips. The diving is unbelievable and Taveuni Ocean Sports does a phenomenal job. You will not be sorry. The resort owned by Julie's parents is Nakia. I would also highly recommend staying there. If you read tripadvisor the reports are spot on with Nakia and Taveuni Ocean Sports.

I dove with Julie and Taveuni Ocean Sports last year and had a great experience with them. Could not recommend them enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom