Atomic frameless, frameless 2 or venom frameless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. What are the measurements from the bridge of the nose to the top off the mask? That's the measurement I didn't like so much.

Thanks. What are the measurements from the bridge of the nose to the top off the mask? That's the measurement I didn't like so much.
The original is 7/8 and the 2 is 1 1/4 inches. I'm surprised that they changed that much from the original.

Thanks again. Anyway, can you even see a scratch on the outside of a mask if it's under water?

Thanks again. Anyway, can you even see a scratch on the outside of a mask if it's under water?

Yes, the effect is like a blur on some part of the imagine. First time when I have noticed it I thought there's snot on it so I took it off my face and washed it without any result (obviously as now I know the real cause)

Yes, definitely, it's not that bad, just slightly annoying.

Then I would just get the cheaper, known fit, regular Frameless which would also be almost identical to your backup mask.

I have just received the Frameless 2. The shape is almost identical (the lens of Frameless 2 being slightly larger). Even with the soft skirt, the mask was not sealing perfectly over the unshaven lip (just under the nose there was a spot through which i was able to inhale air), while the old Frameless sealed perfectly. I guess the difference is from enough usage to wear the skirt a little.
Frameless 2 on the left:
DSC_0327.jpg
Frameless 2:
DSC_0328.jpg
Frameless:
DSC_0329.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom