Bungee cords on Zeagle Express tech wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRadke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Express tech with the 24 # wing. The bungees on it are strong enough that I can not fully inflate it manually. Has anyone dove it with either lighter bungees or no bungees?

I've got a pretty good idea of the positives, but I'd like to hear the negatives of removing them.

On mine I can fully inflate in 3 breaths taut enough that the BCD stands up on end, and I can't pinch the bladder together between outstreched thumb and forefinger. You might want to check the bungee routing. On each side it goes:

grommet at top-middle -> top outer edge webbing loop -> top inner edge webbing loop -> outer webbing loop on embroidered "Zeagle" flap -> bottom inner edge webbing loop.

It doesn't go through the grommets at the bottom. Those attach to the backplate with plastic sex bolts.

There's no serious harm in not having a bungee, most tech wings don't have them. Their major purpose is to reduce the wing's profile a bit when uninflated.

Last edited:
Thanks, that backs up what I suspected. I also can inflate on three breaths but I leave a few pounds of lift on the table unless I hit the inflator button. I double checked the routing and it is correct. I'd just prefer not to have to use my inflate button to get max lift

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom