Diving in New Caledonia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKC

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am traveling to Lifou, New Caldonia in May by cruise ship and was trying to locate a dive center. I found Lagoon Safaris, but they are unable to accommodate us since our ship doesn't arrive until after the dive boat leaves for the morning. Are there any other dive shops in Lifou or is it only Lagoon Safaris?

Also, does anyone recommend diving in Noumea? We will be going there as well.

Any recommendations for New Caledonia are welcome. Thanks!

I see I am in the same situation, but I am going on March 16th... So, any info is most welcome!

I doubt there is any other operator, Lifou is very small.

Im sorry-Lifau is one shot with dive Ops.
Noumea is going to be a better bet
Depending on how long the ship is in Noumea and what time it arrives of course
Abyss Plonge would be my first choice.They run RIB's and their gear is pretty good/modern.Do be aware you will need to tell them you are running Yoke valve if taking your own gear because they run all DIN valve tanks and adaptors can be a bit thin on the ground.
They leave at 7.30-8am and do two dives. Generally they are back in port by 1.00pm at the latest.
if you have time though I would head out with Amadee dive club. the way they run their day is true French style.
Again its an RIB trip but they have a base on Amadee island. You go out for first dive then head in The chef cooks a stunning lunch then you have a siesta. Then later head out for the second dive--really relaxing way of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom