Has Anyone Tried This BP/W From Dive Gear Express?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving that BP/W package from DGX for the past two years in the tropics without a STA. No wobbling tanks and no significant wear.

Check the strap slots in the BP, a couple of the slots in mine (aluminium BP) had sharp edges that were easily fixed in a couple of minutes.

I have found sharp spots on a lot of backplates it happens most of the time it isnt an issue but I have hit a couple with a dremmel if I was worried about it.

You don't need an STA with this setup. It's designed to be used without one. It doesn't wobble without one.

Thanks everyone...this is seems to be a nice way to start diving without breaking his budget. :)

Im also considering this BP/W and have a question for the forum:

Is the 25b wing sufficient for my needs?

Travel: 3mm, AL80

Local: 7mm, AL80-HP100, salt and fresh water

"for local your right on the edge"

is there another source you can point me too for figuring out how much lift I need? I (mis)read recently that if properly weighted you shouldn't need much more lift than your tank is negative. IE if I am diving a HP100 at -9 pounds a 25lb wing should suffice if I am not over weighted with everything else.

I do carry a safety sausage for signaling as well as redundant floatation in the event of a BC failure. I just don't want to spend cash only to figure out I should have bought something else down the road.

"for local your right on the edge"

is there another source you can point me too for figuring out how much lift I need? I (mis)read recently that if properly weighted you shouldn't need much more lift than your tank is negative. IE if I am diving a HP100 at -9 pounds a 25lb wing should suffice if I am not over weighted with everything else.

How much lead do you need to sink your 7mm? -- that's [upper limit on] how much lift you'll need at depth when the suit compresses and loses buoyancy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom