P-Valve Install in Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like the pvalve holding the skin and the bag together on my fusion. I almost want one on the other leg to hold it together there too.

I still havent worked up the courage to glue the catheter to my junk. I know it will work I just not sure I am wanting to do that.

So I am getting ready to install a dive rite p valve in my fusion, and I have a question since the pictures aren't showing up for me. For those that did this without gluing in the gaskets, it is as simple as punching the hole, then from inside out the layers being internal pvalve body, rubber gasket, suit wall, rubber gasket, external pvalve body?

So I am getting ready to install a dive rite p valve in my fusion, and I have a question since the pictures aren't showing up for me. For those that did this without gluing in the gaskets, it is as simple as punching the hole, then from inside out the layers being internal pvalve body, rubber gasket, suit wall, rubber gasket, external pvalve body?

Easier than that....Punch hole, then add the gasket to the inside, screw together. Only use a gasket on the inside. Then, tighten up, leak test, and install your skin. Cut a hole in the skin if needed :wink:

IIRC both the inner and outer p-valve body have an o-ring that goes with them. Be sure those o-rings are staying in place as you tighten the p-valve together. The rubber gaskets fit next to drycore on both sides, assuming you are just mounting through the drycore and not the outer skin. Don't make the hole any bigger than necessary, I think it was slightly under 1/2", but measure first. I put a Fusion drycore patch on to reinforce the spot where the hole would be.

Most critical step is too determine where you want the p-valve to be on the leg. I recommend doing this while wearing the suit and undergarment, then mark from the inside where you want the valve.

I've had zero issue with the Diverite p-valve in my Fusion, dove it again yesterday.

Attachments

• pee valve.pdf
    74.1 KB · Views: 222
Tech3324, how do you clean your P-vavle/outer suit with the valve just being through the inner core?
I just back flush with a solution of mouthwash, water, vinegar when I have the suit in the rinse tub. A turkey baster type syringe, tubing, and QD fitting is all that takes. I also use clear, food grade tubing to the valve so I can see that it's clean. There hasn't been a need to remove the valve from the suit but that's easily done by reaching between the skin and drycore to hold the valve front and unscrewing the valve rear from the inside. On a valve with a knob, like the Halcyon, it might be better to mount through the skin.

I am thinking about installing a pee valve on my Fusion Bullet made from Aircore material....I would like to install a patch over the area the hole will be punched similar to the original poster...I see heat activated patch kits for sale for PU drysuits which is what I believe the Drycore material is...do they make a heat activated patch kit for the Aircore suits? if not, what other reinforcement options would be recommended?

-Z

I used a circular rubber washer on both sides of my bag. I used contact cement and it is an awesome install. I will get a pic.

You can also use "DryCore" patches on the AirCore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom