The Divemaster life?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

although probably i'm the least experienced in this thread scubachris743, just sharing a view.
sure most people mentioned the family of >1 argument, and it makes sense.
But in my case, like you, i'm in my early thirties and i only have one girlfriend who is being supportive and cool.
I have a decently paying computer science job, but i decided to make the step and devote at least half my time to as a DM for now and instructor at some point soon. of course i'm expecting to only get the necessary money to barely get by, but i'm exploring options to work on projects, on a remote basis for some extra cash flow and it seems to be working. Also got a DM job for the season exactly where i wanted to be, but of course i'm prepared to move to any other destination in the future. So, yeah. there seems to be certain uncertainty regarding the future of spacemoneytime, but overall everything has worked out perfectly fine for the first year that i'm trying it.
All the best!

[QUOTE="Scubachris743, post: 7620087, member: 465546But first I wanted to to get into the dive industry and learn how everything works. Make the connections. The mind is still brainstorming for the best plan :)[/QUOTE]

to learn the industry and make the connections i'd say come to Florida. Hang out and crew with one of the well known shops. Go to the industry events (like DEMA, Beneath the Sea, TekDiveUS just to mention a few i go to). Meet the people you want to and need to meet. you're welcome to join me anytime and by the way...thank you for your service!

As of late tho, many people are getting out of the military. Some fantastic people/crew chiefs that have been for quite a while and really know their stuff. As some of you have heard if your in the "military circle", the new Airforce is going downhill fast.

I couldn't agree more! I joined in 2003 then stuck around until 2010. Afterwards I got bored (stupid) and signed up for the reserves in 2015 and I was shocked at how much the organization had fallen apart! I was told the first day they didn't have money to issue me uniforms and then for the next several months to just sit around and "look busy". I was a medic and I watched their medics do a scenario in which they completely failed to treat gunshot wounds! I wish it was an isolated incident but it seemed to be widespread. I blame it on the CBT's and lack of hands on training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom