Perdix and Mac-Dive (iOS or MAC)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi friends:
I got my beautiful Perdix yesterday. I am amazed at its quality and craftsmanship. Will dive with it this coming week.

Anyone know how to upload files to Mac-Dive on desktop app or iOS app. I saw that the desktop is probably not supported for now (on Mac-Dive). The iOS bluetooth on my iphone does not connect to the perdix. Wonder what others have done using this combination of software and hardware. If I can get the stuff onto the iOS, then it will cloud sync with the desktop easy.

thanks

Last edited:
Here is a temporary solution I will post that works.
  1. Download your dive(s) in the Shearwater Desktop app.
  2. Export that dive as an .xml file.
  3. Quit Shearwater app
  4. Open Mac-Dive
  5. Drop the .xml file you created above onto the Mac-Dive app icon (mine is in the dock).
  6. Confirm under "recently imported" the dive made with the Perdex.
Hope this helps. I was going to delete my post as I have a solution and believe that in the future, Mac-Dive will make this an easier process.

I thought the recent update (v1.1) added support for the Perdix?

I'm going diving now; will update the post after the dive later today. I did update my Mac-Dive just 2 days ago with the new version.

Well the dive is done (it was awesome).
1. Mac-Dive is updated
2. Bluetooth is on Macbook and paired with Perdix once I was at the correct menu in Perdix.
3. I uploaded to Mac-Dive successfully BUT the dropdown menu for the shearwater computer in the program does not include the Perdix. I used the Petrel and it worked fine.

I'd be happy to help anyone with this issue otherwise Adios Amigos.

Last edited:
This is good to know. Thanks! My Perdix is en route to me from DGX.

I was delighted to use the Perdix today. Its a phenomenal piece of engineering. Also bought from DGE.

I initially had trouble setting up the dive log on my MacBook Pro. I read the directions again and everything worked as it was supposed to. I have made six dives with it over two weeks and going out again tomorrow. It's a real pleasure to dive with.

Anyone able to establish a bluetooth connection with the App on the iphone?

I haven't tried the phone app and didn't even realize there was one. It would be good to put on the iPad for traveling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom