Sci Tech Quick cuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azgetaway

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I need some advice on getting these cuffs apart, thumb strength is not enough and I'm afraid I'm going to damage the inserts if I use a tool to pry them. BARE told me to squeeze them in an oval and they would come apart better. I put them in a vice (gently) and squeezed them into an oval, I pulled every which way tried pliers and screwdriver. I'm out of ideas.

thanks in advance,

Scott

Last edited:
IMG_0818.jpg
Hot water and a paint can opener, a couple of busted knuckles and I got it! Thanks LittleRay!

They do pop out easily if you push them out. Push on the suit side, outwards. I Used to struggle with my tiny girl hands until someone showed me. No tools necessary.

You must have had them suckers really in there!

Thanks all, if they push out easily I feel a little stupid I worked the heck out of these things, maybe you could turn the arms inside out an push them out? For sure they were never meant to be removed with a tool, you could scar the inside cuff and it might damage the seal, I did leave some scratches where the tool damaged the cuff but not where it would affect the mesh of the two pieces. The tech at BARE told me to squeeze it into an oval to ease the cuff out, so I put it in a vice to no avail.

Any way the heat did the trick. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Here is a video of how I do it. Old video, but still works :wink: Once you get the technique, they just POP off and you will be the envy of divers all over the world..>LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom