Cairns 2 Day Diving Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chopstick1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
with flying in/out I've only got 2 day/1 night planned in cairns to dive. I noticed all live aboards are 3 nights or more. from what I've read so far, the further out you go the better the reef. I definitely want to do a live aboard so I can reach those places and get as many dives in as possible. does anyone have any suggestions?? thanks

you could do a three- dive day trip from Port Douglas. The reefs out that way are much better than the reef just off Cairns IMO. I don't know of anyone that does a one nighter Live aboard , but others here may...

I did a trip with Blue Dive (Scuba diving from Port Douglas) as a 2-day liveaboard from Port Douglas (about an hour's drive north from Cairns). It was a pricier than some of the other operations in town, but well worth the cost for a very small boat (6 divers) and exceptional food.

This was a couple years ago, and I cannot find it on their website now, but it may be worth a call to ask. They also do trips on bigger boats like Poseidon and Calypso which are less expensive but not nearly as nice.

And if you do go to Port Douglas, stick around the bar after your boat returns to watch George the Grouper get his evening meal. ;-)

You can do 2 day 1 night on Ocean Quest or Kangaroo Explorer. Both a like large floating hotels that move from site to site and have daily transfer vessels. This means you can go every day.

7 dives on OQ and has different prices for different cabin types and KEX has 6 dives and 1 price for all cabin types. Prices also include taxes on KEX so quite a good deal.
Dive sites very similar for both trips.

Back
Top Bottom