Round Permanent Rings On Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doby45

Do I have something in my teeth?
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
DRIS,

I just want to run this by you guys and make sure I am thinking right. I have read a bunch and have seen a bunch of videos about adding the Permanent Wrist Rings to my Fusion Bullet drysuit. But, I want to make sure that I have not missed anything..

1. I need to remove my current wrist seals from the DryCore. (heat the tape, remove seals, seam ripper to remove stitching)

2. Clean the outside of the new wrist ring (section in picture below) with sandpaper and then MEK.

2i6i80p.jpg

3. Clean inside of DryCore sleeve with MEK..

4. Apply dry adhesive tape to the section of the wrist ring previously sanded and cleaned with MEK in step 2.

5. Let tape cool back down to milky appearance.

6. Insert taped portion of wrist ring inside DryCore sleeve, then heat and roll with little roller.

Does that sound right and did I miss anything? I want to thank you for taking the time to read..

Hey, Doby, sorry for missing your post(my eyes must not be what they once were). Yeah, it looks like you're on track with the steps. Awesome write-up and explanation of exactly what you're asking!

Lots of heat :wink: Use a circular motion when applying heat to about a 3-4" area at a time. Then push down. I always use my fingers. I know when it hurts, it was hot enough..ha ha. You can use gloves, but heat is key, as well as cleaning everything. The suit, the ring, don't forget both sides of the tape too!!

Perfect guys, thanks!!!

Got them installed this week and they look and fit awesome.. I also got some Velcro strips ordered and should be here today and I will put the Velcro on the rings like you did @Aqua-Andy.. Will post pictures when done..

How much heat can a fusion bag take are we talking hairdryer on high our my heatgun low or high?

I used low on a heat gun. When using the heat tape you will see when it is hot enough, it will change from a milky white to clear.

I used my heat gun on low and as Mike (I think it was Mike from DRIS) said, get it hot enough that it is almost too hot to touch with your bare hands. I only burned myself once when the dang cone on the end of my heat gun fell off and guess what I did? I think it turned out awesome and I have to give @Aqua-Andy props and thanks and the guys at DRIS!!

r9mjqe.jpg

jh5tmr.jpg

PS. I really really like the latex seals I got from DRIS with the rings. I figured I would be elcheapo and get latex now and some silicone later, but as nice as the latex feels I would be hard pressed to now pay double what I paid for the latex, to get silicone..

Back
Top Bottom