Iantd Site Hacked?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ART course is equivalent to the Adv Nitrox course with the addition of He. It is truly and either/or situation. IMHO, there is no need for the Adv Nitrox course if the student is destined to dive with He. The ART course has a minimum of dive time that is ALWAYS surpassed due to the actual amount of time needed with the student, especially if they are new to Doubles or Rebreather. The ART course is to full Trimix what cavern (from a good instructor) is to cave diving. If you master the skills and knowledge in ART, then the rest of the trimix course academics are just variations of the math and practice of the skills.
I teach quite a few ART in place of Adv Nitrox. Same course materials and time in the water for either. Why not learn about the use of He, even if you don't use it often after the class. -Eric IANTD Trimix and Rebreather inst #8628

So with IANTD you could do ART/DP instead of AN/DP with TDI and come out ahead of the AN/DP course?

So with IANTD you could do ART/DP instead of AN/DP with TDI and come out ahead of the AN/DP course?
That is basically what I am looking at. With the advanced recreational trimix you end up certified to 160ft vs an/dp you end up at 150, along with the added benefit of using trimix.

EDIT*
It seems to me that A.R.T would be more in line with TDI's Helitrox / DP class, but as I am not an instructor and don't dive at that level yet, I could be wrong.

Adv. nitrox and ART by IANTD is 1 course, but in the course you learn decompression diving and use of a decogas. ART uses trimix (21% and more oxygen, in course at least 24%), adv. nitrox uses no helium.
TDI offers the same in 2 courses: decoprocedures and adv. nitrox. There is a helitrox course too. I don't know if you can do helitrox instead of adv. nitrox, but with IANTD you can do ART instead of adv. nitrox.
ART has a 48m limit, adv. nitrox 42m. There is no need to do ART after adv. nitrox, only if you want yourself. But after adv. nitrox you can do normoxic trimix. And after ART you can do.

If people wants to move on to normoxic trimix, I say do the adv. nitrox course. If people think they want to stick for a while at the 45m level, then do ART. It is your choice. If you are good enough to start directly a normoxic course after an adv.nitrox/art depends on you. Not all divers are directly ready for a next level. The instructor decides.

PS: the iantd.com website is working. It was hacked a while ago, but now it looks ok.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom